AFRMA Show Rules
- All exhibits must be shown by their
owner or other responsible person, and at that persons own risk. The American Fancy Rat and Mouse
Association will exercise reasonable care to see that all animals
are properly cared for, but the Association shall not be held responsible
by any party for the loss, death or injury of any exhibit.
- All animals exhibited must be shown in their natural condition.
Any animal whose natural shade or color has been altered, or whose
coat has been plucked or otherwise changed in any manner, will be
subject to disqualification by the judge.
- When entries are made and the exhibits are not received,
the entry fee/show box fee will not be returned nor will the entry
fee/show box fee be returned if the exhibitor leaves before judging.
Exhibitors who do not come to the show will pay the entire amount due
on their entry blank.
- Any animal entered incorrectly in a class, must be judged
as entered, and will be subject to elimination by the judge.
- All exhibits are to be taken to and removed from the judging
table, by the owner or other responsible person in such a manner so
as to facilitate an uninterrupted flow of judging.
- There will be NO discussion of individual exhibits, between
any exhibitor and the judge, prior to or during the judging, unless
specifically invited to do so by that judge. It may be possible to
ask questions after a class is placed--ask the judge. In addition,
conversation between exhibitors at or near the judging table, will
be conducted in such a manner so as not to distract or influence the
judge, either by context or volume. Any exhibitor not complying will
be subject to having his or her animals eliminated from further competition
by the judge.
- All placements made by any judge, are final and are not
subject to change.
- Exhibitors should conduct themselves at affairs of this
Association, so as to set an example of good sportsmanship and co-operation.
Members who behave in a manner contrary to this rule will have their behavior
brought before the Board for disciplinary action.
- Any non-AFRMA rat and mouse related literature shall be approved by the
AFRMA Board prior to being distributed at any AFRMA function.
- The exhibits shall be judged according to the Official
Standards of the American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association.
- The show will be governed by the Official Show
Regulations of the American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association.
Updated January 17, 2014