The AFRMA Rat and Mouse Information Pages - General
Here is where you will find information on the
care of Rats and Mice. We have taken this information from our newsletters and flyers.
- Educational Posters
These are posters that we use at our displays and have had people asking for copies. These are in PDF format and
are ready to hand out in classrooms, etc., that you can print to your printer.
- Body Size - a comparison of sizes of house mouse, black rat, Norway rat
(11x17 size); drawings by Sheryl Leisure.
- Diet - showing drawings of food and water requirements (8½x11); drawings
by Sheryl Leisure.
- Fancy - what the term “fancy” means (8½x11); drawing by
- Determining Gender - drawings of male and female (11x17 size) by
- Physiological Facts - table of physiological facts of rats and mice
(8½x11); drawings by Sheryl Leisure.
- Reproduction Facts - table of reproductive facts of rats and mice
(8½x11); drawing top by Lorryta Bowker, bottom babies by Sheryl Leisure.
- Skeleton - drawings of mouse and rat skeletal systems (11x17 size)
by Sheryl Leisure.
- Taxonomy - table of taxonomy facts of rats and mice
(8½x11); rat yawning drawing by Dean Norton, rest of drawings by Sheryl Leisure.
- Why Pet Rats? - list of pros and cons of having rats as pets (8½x11);
drawings by Sheryl Leisure.
- More Educational Posters
More posters that we use at our displays. These are in PDF format and
are ready to hand out or use in displays that you can print to your printer.
- Handout Flyers
These are our handout flyers that we use at our shows and displays. These are in PDF format that you can print to
your printer. Most are double sided (1 flyer on one side, similar on other side, e.g. History Rats and History Mice)
- Cedar & Pine - we print on bright yellow paper (can also be printed
- Pet Rats & Mice Caresheet - we print on 11x17 cream/ivory paper
- Choosing Your New Pet Rats - we print on aqua paper (can also be
printed on white)
- History of Fancy Rats - we print on green paper
- History of Fancy Mice - back side to History Rats
- Essentials - we print on salmon colored paper
- 10 Questions - back side to Essentials
- Introducing the Fancy Rat - we print on ivory colored paper
- You Show What? - back side to Fancy Rat
- Judge Rats - we print on orchid or light purple paper
- Judge Mice - back side to Judge Rats
- Breed Facts - we print on lime/terra green paper
- Breeder’s Ethics - back side to Breed Facts
- Hamsters - we print on pink paper
- Pet & Friends Highlights - Vol. 1 No. 1 - Stories from AFRMA Rat &
- A Tribute to “Bobbers” - by Debbie Abbott
- Irish and Cremora - by Gailee Davis
- Ratt - by Chris Lafferty
- The Best Pet Ever - by Eve Buchholtz
- Big Will - by Mary Macdonald
- Pet & Friends Highlights - Vol. 1 No. 2 - Stories from AFRMA Rat &
- Diemo—One Cute Little Furry! - by Matt Harrigan
- Blackie - by Dawn Kozak
Back to top
Updated September 28, 2016