AFRMA Official Registered Rattery/Mousery &
AFRMA Official Registered Stud
AFRMA Official Registered Rattery/Mousery
- To become an AFRMA Registered Rattery/Mousery the following must be met:
- Applicant must be an adult (at least 18 years of age) paid up member in good standing with AFRMA
- Applicant’s Rattery/Mousery registration shall be voted on and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Applicants for an Official Registered Rattery/Mousery shall pay a registration fee of $5 and said fee must accompany application for Official Registry. This is a one-time fee.
- Applicant must have exhibited in a minimum of 2 AFRMA shows for each year.
- Each breeder’s goal will be to improve the animal to the show standards. Pet breeders would not qualify.
- The animals being bred must be breeding quality and pass an evaluation critique with “Breeder Status“ before being bred. Kittens must be reevaluated at 4–6 months to accurately designate breeder or pet status.
- If a breeder is found negligent in the care of their animals or harmful to the Association, their official status will be revoked.
- For Ratteries/Mouseries to be registered prior to 2009, they must have approval of the AFRMA Board and judges and those members must have shown consistent quality in the animals bred and exhibited by them.
- Only one Rattery/Mousery name may be registered per member. The name and initials to be unique and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Rattery/Mousery names may be registered to a family but all family members must reside under the same roof.
- The Registered Rattery/Mousery will receive a certificate.
- The Official Rattery/Mousery name will be used as a prefix on pedigrees/birth certificates with the official assigned number.
- Registered name to be in effect as long as membership in AFRMA is current and in good standing. If membership lapses, then a new application and fee must be made.
- Eligible to compete for the “AFRMA Best Novice Breeder Award.”
- The AFRMA Best Novice Breeder Award shall be given to the best new show breeder who excels in breeding rats or mice for the betterment of their species based on quality of animals bred/wins received with approval by the Board of Directors. Rat award to be known as the “Brian Shafer Award,“ donated in memory of Brian Shafer. Mouse award to be known as the “Kelli Boka Award,“ donated in memory of Kelli Boka.
- The award when given, to be presented at the Annual Meeting in December.
- A Registered Rattery/Mousery is required in order to be eligible to compete for and win this award
Once a breeder has met the required criteria, their Registered Rattery/Mousery
can apply for Official Stud
AFRMA Official Registered Stud
Official Registered Studs shows quality in breeding rats or mice, competitive exhibition,
and recognizes breeder’s achievements.
- To become an AFRMA Official Stud the following must be met:
- Applicant must be a Registered Rattery/Mousery before applying as an Official Stud.
- Official Stud status shall be voted on and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Applicants for Official Registered Stud shall pay a registration fee of $10 and said fee must accompany application for Official Stud. This is a one-time fee.
- All wins to be earned under AFRMA recognized judges
- Must have won BIS 2 or more times or won B. Variety with 5 or more in that Variety 2 or more times
- Animals winning BIS/B. Variety must have been owned, bred, and exhibited by the applicant and the winning rat or mouse’s parents and grandparents must have been owned and bred by the same applicant for a total of 3 generations owned and bred by the applicant.
- For Official Studs to be registered prior to 2009, they must have approval of the AFRMA Board and judges and those members must have shown consistent quality in the animals bred and exhibited by them and must have met the requirements above.
- Official Studs will receive a certificate and official “stamp” to be used on breeder’s web site and forms.
- The Official Stud Name will be used as a prefix on pedigrees/birth certificates with the official assigned number.
- Official Stud Name to be in effect as long as membership in AFRMA is current and in good standing. If membership lapses, then a new application and fee must be made.
|AFRMA Official Registered Rattery/Mousery (bolded are current)
||Happy Go Lucky Rattery
||Connie & Ken Van Doren
||Blue Shuze Rattery/
Blue Shuze Rodentry
||Lots O’ Spots
||Kelli & Kaitlin Boka (Kelli deceased)
||Santa Clarita, CA
||Sleepy Hollow Fancy Rats
||Brian Shafer (deceased)
||Viking Rat and Mouse Nest
||Sky Valley, CA
||Dale McLain (now Taylor Burkhart)
||Diamond Bar, CA
||Ratty Rat Rattery
||Kimberly Millspaugh & Dustin Cheek
||San Diego, CA
||Bay Breeze Mousery
||San Diego, CA
||Jozzy’s Rat Pack Rattery
||Jozzette & Mike Hagemann
||Rowland Heights, CA
|AFRMA Official Studs (bolded are current)
|Stud Reg. #
||Tarot Rats & Mice
||Quartz Hill, CA
Updated January 1, 2013
© 1995–2013 American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association. All text, artwork,
and photos are copyright to AFRMA, and/or the author, artist, or photographer.
Unauthorized copying of any part constitutes a breach of copyright law.